This course is mainly designed for students that are in embedded systems development and consider using an RTOS for more complex applications. Typically an RTOS is a powerful tool that provides multi-taxing capability and is used for more advanced embedded software development on powerful platforms like the ARM chips.
- Five days at 5 hours per day.
- Target board for development, Comprehensive CD with slides presentation and software materials.
- To equip participants with the skill set to work with an RTOS which will consequently lead to designing Complex, robust and scalable software.
Participants Will Learn
- How to work comfortably with and RTOS
- How to develop multi-tasking embedded systems
- How to communicate between tasks in RTOS embedded systems
- Introduction to RTOS
- Overview of different types of RTOS and benefits with a brief comparison of selected Real-Time Operating Systems Micrium & freertos.org |
- Analysis of the Structure and main components of an RTOS with main focus on FreeRTOS software.
- Getting started using an RTOS, with simple a Hands-On Examples & Exercises: Creating/using tasks, signals, mutex
- Hands-On Examples & Exercises: Using semaphores and Queues
- IAR Embedded Workbench for ARM- Integrated Development Environment (IDE), ARM development boards.