MCP 202: Advanced Embedded C for PIC18 Microcontrollers
This course is mainly designed for students in relevant engineering and science fields as well as working class individuals with passion for embedded systems.
- Five days at 5 hours per day.
- Comprehensive delegate handbook.
- Provide more in-depth understanding of PIC microcontrollers design and programming using assembly language.
- Demonstrate a more complex application of PIC microcontrollers practically.
Participants Will Learn
- Advanced aspects of Embedded C programming.
- To build a complete working system.
- Pointers: Pointers, declaring a pointer, using a pointer, comparing a pointer, null pointers, functions and pointers, strings, pointer arithmetic.
- Structures and Unions: Creating structures and unions, pointers in structures and unions.
- Pre-processor: The #include directive, #define, conditional compilation, macro.
- Software Engineering in C: Software development lifecycle, specification, planning, design, coding, debugging, testing.
- Libraries: Creating libraries, writing and linking libraries.
- Optimization: Optimizing and testing embedded C programs, instruction set-dependent optimizations, hand optimization, debugging embedded C using ICD 2, pointers, mixed C and assembly, working with emulators and simulators, packaging embedded software.
- MikroC/PIC-C/MPLAB Integrated Development Environment (IDE), compiler, linker, simulator, programmers, PIC development boards.